Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Three Days!

MountHoodSnow_EN-US1582877140Pictures from Bing. I love seeing the new picture everyday when I connect to the Internet. (Mount Hood, January 12, 2011)

Wow this is the third snow day at home. I figured we go back to school today but no-o-o it is too cold. But boy I wish my own kids could go back. They are driving each other nuts-o. For them this is the 5th day home with each other. We were busy Saturday and Sunday but enough! I have had time to clean out some things but getting help is not easy. But to avoid helping me all three took turns shoveling our driveway and a path to the garage and chicken coop. So that is a positive, that meant my hard working hubby didn’t have to come home and do it.

Quartz_EN-US1199564531

By the way the chickens are doing fine in the cold. We have a thermometer in the coop so we can monitor how cold (or hot) it gets in there. It is usually a couple degrees warmer in there than outside. But never fear! Hubby has a small heater in there to keep them warm. These girls are spoiled rotten. A light comes on at dusk and stays on until around 8 or 9. I guess this helps them lay eggs. We have been getting an average of 40 a week. But there is no way we can eat them all and share them with neighbors and co-workers.

Someday maybe I can get back to school and blog about art for a change!

Until then.

Peace-

1 comment:

  1. I don't recall - what state are you in? I'm assuming southern with 3 snow days. We got 10" today but will be in school everything as usual tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete