Monday, October 4, 2010

Busy, Busy!

This week is conferences, late nights, long days of seeing parents and working in my room. I will sit in on several conferences to let the parents know that there are also issues in art as well as the homeroom class. But honestly if I didn't go to them, they'd never come see me.


Then we get Friday off and I take the train to St. Louis! My college friends and I are having a mini 25th reunion. We are staying at a B&B in St. Charles, shopping, wineries, beautiful fall Missouri weather. I'm not sure the trees will be fully turned yet but there will still be a bit of color and it will look gorgeous to this Kansas girl.

I'm taking Monday off to travel home. Then 3 quick days of teaching and I am off to Manhattan Ks for the Kansas Art Teacher Conference. It is the 75 anniversary of the KAEA and it is always a great weekend of inspiration, friends old and new, and art! Of course! Some teachers bring their art for the "suitcase" sale. I think the suitcase was the original idea of "bringing your art in your suitcase" for the conference. But now you see all kinds of displays and yes, some vintage suitcases.


So unless I get some things scheduled to be posted these next couple of weeks I'm not sure if I will have time. BUT you can bet I will be posting lots of pictures, and ideas I get when I finally land home for more than a couple of days.

1 comment: